When you have chosen your event it's time to get started with your fundraising! It may all seem a little daunting to begin with, but if you set yourself a reasonable target and approach it with a smile on your face it can be a hugely enjoyable experience! Once you've registered we will be here to support you every step of the way. Let us know when you've registered and we will help you all we can, starting by sending you a fundraising support pack.
Create your own Just Giving page
Setting up a Just Giving page is an excellent way to raise sponsorship. You can personalise your page and then email the link to everyone you know, allowing your friends and family to easily donate at the click of a button.
Click here to set up a Just Giving page and start fundraising for Action on Depression.
It saves you having to ask people in person, and you have the assurance that the funds are automatically and regularly transferred to us, which we will then add to your overall fundraising total.
Once you've set up your page you can link it to your social networking
Fundraising Top tips
- Make your event fun! - Organise events that will be fun for your friends, family, colleagues and of course for yourself! The more fun and enjoyable the event the more people will be willing to help promote, participate and donate.
- Give something back - It is good to offer people something in return for their money. If you offer a service or a prize in return for their donation you may find that the same people will keep coming back. Even the chance of a prize is a good incentive to donate - a raffle with one top prize can be enough to sell hundreds of tickets!
- Carry your sponsorship form everywhere - you never know when an opportunity may arise, particularly amongst work colleagues. By speaking to people in person about your fundraising efforts they will often want to donate on the spot.
- Get people to help - by distributing the forms amongst your family and friends, and they will be able to reach a wider network of people.
- Make up the first amount on your form - for example £20, as normally people will follow suit.
- Contact local press and media - You'll find that smaller, local companies and businesses will be more willing to support your efforts - perhaps by providing a raffle prize, or donation.
Materials will help your event stand out and will also help to promote the cause. We can provide you with fundraising materials such as collection buckets and tins, t.shirts, running vests, fundraising authorisation letter, leaflets and posters. Please call 0131 243 2788
Keep going! You may find the challenge a struggle at time, but don't let that put you off, it's all part of the challenge of fundraising! Remember we are here to help if you need any support or advice.
Thank you again for your efforts - Action on Depression rely on the support of people like you to continue our important work. Your help will enable us to carry on supporting the one in five people that experience depression every year in the UK.
Thank you and Good luck!
Last updated: 07/13